Monday, February 2, 2009

Camelot

I really enjoy this movie. My grandparents own it so this is not the first time I have watched it. Anyways I think their are several specific thing that we can observe. First of all we see that its a love story. Every time period and culture has its own variation of a love story and I believe that this one is most suiting for the time period. Also we see a connection between the Arthurian legend and Christian values and beliefs. First their is Mordred. Mordred seems to represent the devil. He looks good at first but then we see his true colors and what he is really after. One could also say that in some ways, Merlin represents the Holy Spirit. In the movie, Merlin helps Arthur and takes him back to different time periods. Merlin has been Arthur's teacher and helps as well as convicts Arthur. Same goes in the Holy Spirit.

No comments: